Saturday, February 21, 2015

Chocolate Tiramisu


Tiramisu is a famous Italian dessert. The word tiramisu in Italian means “lift me up”. I got acquainted to this dessert 6 years ago by one of our friend who bought this dessert from Maggiano’s Little Italy.  All I remember was the bitterness of coffee and the sweetness of cheese were playing on my palate as it passed through my throat. It tasted so perfect with the balance of sweetness and coffee flavor. Every single time I check out the dessert menu I feel like ordering Tiramisu, but by the time I am done with a soup and main course, I hardly have any space left for dessert.


As a result, I thought to myself why not try making egg less and nonalcoholic Tiramisu in a small glass. So, I came up with my own version of tiramisu which does not exactly taste as an Italian restaurant quality but definitely screeches ‘Lift me up’ that you will want to make it again and again.

I made it for our close friend recently, and they really liked it.
 Let us see how it is made:

Ingredients:

Lady fingers biscuit (available in Indian stores in the US)
4
Water
1 Cup
Instant coffee powder
1 Tbsp.
Heavy whipping cream
1 Cup + ¼ Cup
Hershey Chocolate syrup
1 ½   Cup
Powdered sugar
1 Tbsp.+ ½ Tbsp.
Cooking chocolate bar grated
For Garnish
Raspberries/strawberries and blueberries
For Garnish

Method:


Keep an empty bowl (the bowl that will be used to make whipped cream) in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes. This reduces the time of whipping the cream. 

Meanwhile, break the lady fingers into small pieces. Layer the bottom of the dessert glass with crushed lady fingers biscuit.

 Heat the water in a microwaveable cup for about a minute. Take it out and dissolve the instant coffee powder. Pour 1/4th cup coffee in each dessert glass so that all biscuits are drenched in coffee. Set aside.

Take out the chilled bowl; add Hershey chocolate syrup, powdered sugar and 1 cup heavy whipping cream. Beat all the ingredients until you get stiff yet soft peaks. Make sure not to over beat it, or else you will get butter. Pour ¼ Cup of beaten whipped cream into each dessert glass. Level it out with a spoon.
Now take another bowl and beat 1/4th cup of heavy cream with 1/2 tbsp. of powdered sugar until it gets fluffy. Now add 1 tbsp. heavy cream in each dessert glass. 

Add fresh fruits on top. 

Take the chocolate bar and grate over the dessert glass covering the surface as light or heavy as desired. 

Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment