Friday, April 3, 2015

Paneer Cheesy Quesadillas



Hi friends, sorry for a delayed post. I was buried with daily chores. Then, I came across this wonderful article on Procrastination and the Instant gratification monkey character. I owe you BIG TIME my friend, for bringing up such a wonderful article at the correct time. For those who would like to go through the article that was forwarded to me, here it is - http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-procrastinators-procrastinate.html.

Well coming back to my blog, today I have come up with paneer cheesy quesadillas. The moment I tasted them at my friend’s place, I was very much impressed by the taste and spiciness, which tickled my taste buds. The preparation is pretty simple and less time consuming. If you are major paneer-lover like me, I am sure u will like this. The spiciness from the north Indian Punjabi tadka, richness from the addition of paneer and gooeyness of cheese marries well. You could add different types of veggies along with paneer, but I chose to keep it simple and relish the flavors. It is a distant Indian cousin of regular cheese quesadillas.

Ingredients:         

For the red sauce:

Chopped onions
1
Chopped tomatoes
2
Green chili
2
Chopped ginger
1 tsp.
Jeera
1 tsp.
Red Chili Powder
1 tsp.
Maggi Hot and sweet tomato Ketchup
1 tsp.
Olive oil
1 tsp.

For the filling:

Crumbled paneer
1 cup
Chopped onions
1 (small)
Chopped cilantro
Small bunch
Salt
To Taste
Red Chili Powder
1 tsp.
Lemon juice
1 tsp.
 Shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 cup
Medium sized flour tortillas(green colored)
2

METHOD:

Make basic sauce out of the ingredients mentioned above (under red sauce) - i.e., in a pan - add oil, splutter jeera and rest of the ingredients in the red sauce. Now keep that aside.


Take another skillet and place one flour tortilla. Let that cook for 1 minute on both the sides. Then spread the red sauce on it.
Then add paneer filling leaving ½ cm gap in the rim to ensure that filling does not come out.
Add some shredded cheese on top of the paneer. Close with the other tortilla.
Cook on medium flame with some oil till crisp, pressing down with a ladle.
Cut into wedges.
Garnish with sour cream and guacamole and serve hot!

TIPS:

This red sauce and paneer filling is also good for to-go lunch sandwiches.
Since I did not have hot and sweet Maggi ketchup on hand, I used regular Heinz ketch up and add extra chili powder.
Feel free to use any flour tortilla, I used spinach (green colored), you could also use the southwestern (orange colored) or the regular plain (light brown colored) tortillas.

If you want to serve to your guests as an appetizer, finish making the quesadillas and slice into wedges. Keep them inside the oven (in the warm mode_ and before serving, change the setting to broil for a minute till it gets crisp. But be watchful as it might turn black if kept under broile for long in the wink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment